The Memorial To The 50th Division.
This 55ft column is situated to the East of Ypres near the Oxford Road
Cemetery and the village of Wieltje; not far from the villages of St Julien and Fortuin where the 1/4 Battalion took part in the
brave charge that halted the German advance in April 1915. The entwined double T above the inscription signifies the Rivers Tyne and Tees
of North East England.
[These photographs have been kindly contributed by John Burn, Great Nephew of Pte Joe Burn, who was killed at Ypres on the 2nd May 1915.]